Proof of concept
Alcimed supports its clients in the implementation of their proof of concept (or POC) projects, aiming at demonstrating and validating the feasibility of an idea for a product or service, in order to convince partners or investors, or to direct strategic decisions or the development of a prototype.
WHat is a proof of concept of POC?
A proof of concept is a concrete demonstration used to prove the applicability, feasibility or viability of a project. POC can thus take many forms, such as:
- A laboratory test to validate scientific questions;
- The design of a first physical version (minimum viable product) and its presentation to future users to test the receptivity of the market or the envisaged marketing strategy;
- The experimental implementation of a new organization within a small team before the roll-out to a company.
Proof of concept comes into play relatively early in the development process of an idea, a product or a service, since it validates the feasibility of the project, in addition to a market study, for example.
Moreover, a POC is characterized by the fact that its cost is relatively low since it is a simple test at this stage.
WHy carry out a proof of concept (POC)?
A POC is a springboard to value creation and innovation, and can be a key step in the development of a project:
- A lack of time or a limited budget? The small scale of the POC allows for responses that are consistent with available resources;
- The concept has already proven itself and the question of its replicability arises? The POC can validate interest in a new target audience, a new use or a territorial extension;
- Doubts over the potential or the opportunity of an innovation? The POC provides an opportunity to test an idea and to evaluate the opportunity of its deployment to guide the development of new offerings.
How do we support you in your Proof of concept (POC) projects
In order to best support our clients in the implementation of a proof of concept, and to ensure that the project will meet the expectations and needs of its users, the essential steps to be taken are:
- The framing of the pilot, especially in terms of scales: Geographic (local, regional, interregional, national — although the larger the scale, the more difficult it is to implement), Temporal (a few months to a few years);
- The definition of the type of data and the associated indicators (quantitative or qualitative) that will determine the interest of the project idea. This data can also be used to confirm or invalidate a business case;
- The realization of the pilot, measuring the indicators throughout the experimentation;
- Summary of the results and adaptation of the model if necessary;
- The development of the roll-out of the model on a larger scale.
Alcimed accompanies its clients at all stages of the construction of a POC:
- Pilot framing assistance,
- Support for the execution of the POC and its follow-up,
- Summary of lessons learned from the POC,
- Elaboration of recommendations to continue the project based on the results.
A project? Contact our explorers!
EXAMPLES OF RECENT PROOF OF CONCEPT PROJECTS CARRIED OUT FOR OUR CLIENTS
For this project, our teams evaluated the different data capture technologies available on the market, their characteristics, their advantages and their limits, as well as the existing approaches for their use in France in RWE. Following our analysis, we defined 4 approaches enabling our client to integrate and to set up these new selected digital data services and established an operational action plan to carry out pilot projects.
In the end, a pilot was successful and our client was able to launch a new differentiating offer.
At the end of this 2-year experiment, Alcimed then conducted an evaluation of the system through a detailed analysis of the service provided.
Aware of the value of this integrated "out-of-home" system, the legislator has incorporated it into practice through the publication of a dedicated decree.
Acceleration strategy through the structuring of a scientific committee experienced in proof of concept
The acceleration of our client's projects was made possible by the establishment of a scientific committee capable of validating and deploying an ecosystem of competent actors at the various key phases of the development of the proof of concept of the projects concerned.
Our teams worked hand in hand with the teams concerned to define an initial offer that we then tested with the market to refine it. Our team has analyzed the potential of this offer and highlighted its differentiating character, and has also been able to identify strategic partnerships with manufacturers.
In the end, our project allowed our client to have an offer presenting all the pedagogical modules, a strategic analysis of the positioning and the marketing tactics to follow: corner stone and proof of concept of its international academy.
Our purpose? Helping both private and public decision-makers explore and develop their uncharted territories: new technologies, new offers, new geographies, possible futures, and new ways to innovate.
Located across eight offices around the world (France, Europe, Singapore and the United States), our team is made up of 220 highly-qualified, multicultural and passionate explorers, with a blended science/technology and business culture.
Our dream? To build a team of 1,000 explorers, to design tomorrow's world hand in hand with our clients.
- Proof of concept
- Voice of Customer (VOC)
- Business development
- Business models
- Business plan
- Cluster study
- Collaborative projects
- Commercial strategy
- Competitive analysis
- Develop a strong and distinctive market access strategy
- Dossier creation
- Due diligence
- Enrich your offer by developing new innovative services
- Expand your business with a diversification strategy
- Go to market
- Identify and analyze the practices of other players with a benchmark
- Imagine the innovative products of tomorrow by boosting your product innovation
- Improve your customer satisfaction by working on your customer experience
- Innovation consulting
- Innovation process
- Innovation strategy
- Learning expedition
- Make a strategic audit of your business
- Market study
- New offers
- Open innovation
- Opportunity evaluation
- Patient pathway
- Regulatory framework analysis
- Search for funding opportunities
- Search for partners
- State of the art
- Strategic foresight
- Strategic positioning
- Structure your project launch with a roadmap
- Succeed in your product launch with a robust sales and marketing strategy
- Test and Learn
- Validate your project launch with a business case
- Value proposition