BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT APAC INTERNSHIP – HEALTHCARE & FOOD [Singapoure]
Do you have an entrepreneurial mind and a real taste for selling services?
Founded in 1993, ALCIMED is an Innovation and New Business consulting firm composed of 220 explorers, specializing in innovative sectors: life science (agri-food, healthcare, biotech), energy, aeronautics, chemistry, cosmetics, materials, space and defence.
Our mission is to help our clients explore and develop their uncharted territories : expanding into new offers / new business models / new geographies, investing in new technologies, anticipating possible futures, accelerating innovation with new ways to innovate or new strategic partners.
Among our 6 international offices, the Singapore office is the most recent one, created in 2016 & being our APAC headquarter. Our regional team focuses on life science, working daily with key players in healthcare (pharmaceutical, medtechs, animal health), agri-food (agribusiness, human & animal nutrition, F&B), personal & beauty care MNCs.
Currently composed of a few explorers, Alcimed is looking to enlarge the office through the recruitment of a motivated entrepreneur in order to help develop our healthcare & food business in the APAC zone!
Why should you join us?
- Because you would like to contribute actively to the growth of a small team, seeing the positive impact of your daily actions
- Because you are willing to convince top decision-makers to meet Alcimed
- Because you want to become a real entrepreneur in the healthcare & food field
As business development intern, you will support the business development activities in Singapore & APAC area reporting directly to the APAC director.
We will train to develop our client portfolio in healthcare & food. You will be actively involved in this development by
- Building our client targeting;
- Taking 30+ meetings per month through prospection with top decision-makers at regional & local level mostly BU heads, GMs, Innovation, R&D, Marketing, Medical directors;
- Assisting in following up clients & generating reminders
- Supporting in building proposals
- Watching & monitoring the ecosystem: competitors, partners, relevant conferences, networking events
- Perform any other ad hoc activities as assigned from time to time
Career evolution: Once you have succeeded during this internship, a potential recruitment to become a Business Developer Manager would be possible. Your role will be to develop your own client portfolio to generate sustainable businesses and once you will become a more & more experienced BDM, you will become a Business Unit Director managing your own team of consultants, business development managers and project managers, ensuring your clients’ satisfaction.
- You are a student in Business school / University (Bachelor, Master’s degree) and needs at least 3 months internship
- Highly goal driven individual with an entrepreneurship mindset: Your ambition pushes you to surpass yourself every day and to take up challenges to go beyond your objectives
- You are dynamic, active listener, positive with a willingness to convince high level decision makers
- You have an ability to adapt quickly to new environments / people, a strong personal communication and teamwork skills
- You are rigorous, organised
- You have a strong interest or an experience in innovation, healthcare, food
- You are fluent in English
- A first experience in New Business Development in a similar industry will be highly appreciated
- An experience abroad will be highly appreciated
Position based in Singapore
Position type: permanent, full time
Starting date: ASAP