Administrative Assistant – M/W
Founded in 1993, Alcimed is an Innovation and New Business consulting firm, specializing in innovative sectors such as life sciences, energy, chemicals, cosmetics, materials, aerospace and defense. We are a team of 220 with six offices in Western Europe, one in the United States and one in Asia.
Based in our offices in Princeton, NJ, the Administrative Assistant reports to the Business Unit Heads. He/She provides administrative and technical assistance to the Alcimed management team, HR, accounting department and assists local team members and colleagues to insure smoothly running operations, while creating fun and enjoyable work environment.
Essential Job Functions
Administrative and Team Support
- Performs administrative support functions, including welcoming guests, ordering office supplies; processing incoming and outgoing mail; and completing related functions.
- Responds to questions, requests, or problems or directs to appropriate person/department.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and manages expense reports collection and validation process.
- Organizes and maintains various filing and information systems
- Assists with meetings and events including organizing and scheduling meetings; preparing agenda materials; sending notifications; setting up meetings; ordering meals or snacks; and assisting with audio-visual equipment set up.
- Proactively contributes to team animation and good spirits (e.g. birthdays, organizes ad hoc team events, celebrations, etc.)
- Performs other related or special duties as assigned.
Operations & Accounting Support
- Interfaces with various providers (suppliers, service & benefit providers, landlord, etc.) to insure proper management and supply to the team
- Runs and regularly updates or checks the status of various reporting files and operation monitoring systems (e.g. sales/invoicing trackers, individual reporting, accrued off-days, archiving process, etc.)
- Liaises with Alcimed Headquarters Corporate and administrative team to facilitate coordination of the Princeton and Global activities
- Pulls standard reports and various backup from different sources
- Issues and tracks providers and clients’ invoices and payments reconciling
- Assemble monthly documents and relevant pieces to provide to Accounting Department and providers
- May perform other basic accounting functions as applicable
Human Resources Support
- Welcomes and take charge of the administrative onboarding for new hires
- Participates in a variety of HR-related activities (e.g. inscription to benefits), culture initiatives, best practices sharing and compliance
- Support the Talent Acquisition managers and activities in recruiting initiatives including, organization of group and individual interviews, preparing recruitment forums and other recruiting novel initiatives
- Possibilities to evolve and expand role in HR-related activities (HR administrative management)
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Two or more years of progressively responsible clerical and administrative support experience and some basic bookkeeping/accounting experience; or,
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Office administrative practices and procedures, such as business letter writing and the operation of standard office equipment, including a computer.
- All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products.
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation.
- Working knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Ability to analyse data and use basic reasoning skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles and functions
- Willingness to evolve and progressively take on new responsibilities
- Fluency in French is a plus
Join the adventure!
Alcimed offers everyone the same opportunities for access to employment without distinction of gender or disability.
Full-time | ASAP